A Run-In with Helena Bonham Carter
One of our admins has this TRUE STORY to share and, though it does not pertain to Emma directly, it does pertain to Helena Bonham Carter who played Bellatrix Lestrange opposite Emma in the Harry Potter movie franchise. Here’s the story:
I was visiting Sea World in San Diego with my roommate a few years ago. At one point, we decided to look through one of the gift shops and see if anything caught our eye to buy and take home. At one point, my roommate was bending down, looking at some figures on a shelf, deciding if she liked one enough to buy. I was standing close to her, looking at other items on the top shelves, about eye level with me. The next few things happened very quickly, in only a matter of about 2 or 3 seconds, but it was very entertaining.
1. My roommate decided to pop up from bending down very quickly and without looking behind or around her before doing so.
2. I saw that my roommate was going to pop up directly into a woman holding her child.
3. I grabbed my roommate by the arm, preventing her from smacking into the woman and child who were looking at the same items I was looking at myself moments before.
4. My roommate almost lost her balance, but was able to stay solid.
5. The woman mouthed a quiet “Thanks” to me as I was trying to help steady my roommate, and I nodded a quick “You’re welcome” to her, without closely looking at her face.
All of a sudden, both my roommate and I looked at each other with wide eyes. I was in shock!! I had to turn around slowly to affirm that what I (and apparently my roommate) had seen was true. I turned around slowly and, lo and behold…
HELENA BONHAM CARTER and TIM BURTON were standing there!!
I had prevented my roommate from almost running smack into Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange)!!
Stupidest thing I could have done lol